The Artsmark Award is the only creative quality standard for schools and education settings, accredited by Arts Council England.
They support settings to develop and celebrate their commitment to arts and cultural education for all children and young people.
Their flexible framework helps embed arts, culture and creativity to support a broad and ambitious curriculum, strengthen pupil voice and support personal progression.
- Support the health and wellbeing of pupils with arts, culture and creativity
- Ensure every young person can be creative and access a diverse, high-quality cultural education
- Engage, motivate and upskill teaching staff using Artsmark’s CPD and whole school collaboration
- Access professional support, advice and resources to strengthen your arts provision
As Artsmark is an Arts Council England programme, only settings in England are eligible.
Artsmark is awarded at three levels; Silver, Gold and Platinum.
How does Artsmark work?
Artsmark is flexible to the needs of individual settings and can fit around planning cycles.
The programme includes:
- Artsmark Development Training for two members of staff – an excellent CPD opportunity
- A clear framework for teachers to plan, develop and evaluate arts, culture and creativity across the curriculum
- Ongoing support from Bridge organisations, including support sessions and guidance on completing your Artsmark submissions
- Access to practical teaching resources and our Artsmark Partners – a network of inspirational cultural organisations and creative practitioners who can enhance your Artsmark journey
- Certificate of achievement and a celebration toolkit
- Joining a national community of education settings who champion arts and culture