Market Drayton Infant & Nursery School

‘An excellent, happy school, where we enjoy learning’

Changing Schools

Changing your child's school

From September 2013 the regulations changed for mid-term or “in-year” applications and local authorities no longer have to co-ordinate applications.

To change your child’s school to a Shropshire school you should complete the midterm/in year application form and send it to your preferred school.

There are guidance notes to help completing the form.

If the school is not in Shropshire, contact the relevant local authority to see how you should apply to their schools. You will find contact details on the website.

The decision to move your child from one school to another should never be taken lightly. A settled placement throughout both primary and secondary school is important. If your child is having difficulties, or you are considering a transfer for other reasons, please discuss issues with your child's headteacher before making a decision.